Tandoori is such a tasty marinade. You can put this on chicken pieces, whole chicken, or try it on salmon for a change. It is great on the BBQ, but can also be cooked in the oven, and will still taste great!
- 1 Chicken (cut into 6-8pieces)
- 150g Natural Yoghurt
- 2 Garlic Cloves, grated
- 5cm Ginger, grated
- 1 Tbsp Ground Coriander
- 2 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Salt & Pepper
- Mix all the ingredients into the yoghurt (except the chicken)
- Slash the chicken skin with a knife to allow the marinade to get inside
- Cover the chicken with the yoghurt mix and leave to marinate (Leave in the mixture) in the fridge for up to 24 hours. You can use it straight away, but it will be tastier if you have time to leave it for a while.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes on the BBQ, until piping hot and juices run clear. (Oven 200°C).
Enjoy with Pilau rice, naan bread and raita!
** Remember to always get an adult’s permission before cooking and get them to help with anything sharp or hot!**