Smoothies are so fun, you can pick and choose your favourite fruits, or change the fruits with what’s in season. Best of all they only take minutes to make!
Here’s my recipe for a strawberry smoothie, but remember this is just the basic idea, these ingredients and quantities can be changed-make it your own!
- 1 Punet Strawberries, hulled (Take the green bit off!), & roughly chopped
- 2 handfuls Blueberries
- 100g Natural Yoghurt
- Squeeze of Lemon
- 5 mint leaves
- Put all the ingredients in the blender and whizz
- Have a taste and check it has enough lemon/mint or what ever flavouring you are using
- Serve in your favourite cup and enjoy!
You can add ice cubes to the blender if you prefer your smoothie chilled.
Smoothies count as one of your five a day, but you can only get one serving per day from juices and smoothies.
They are best enjoyed with a meal. This way they are less damaging to your teeth-see my 5 a day blog post for more info!
A few ideas of good combo’s are:
- Banana-Peanut butter-Milk
- Blackberries-Strawberries-Raspberries-Natural Yoghurt-Vanilla
- Mango-Pineapple-Lime-Coconut milk/water
- Blueberries-Banana-Coconut water or Natural Yoghurt-Honey
**Remember to always get an adult’s permission before cooking and get them to help you with anything sharp or hot!!**