Hummus can be made in many ways, you can add herbs like coriander, or vegetables like beetroot and roasted peppers, so have a look around for different ideas. Here is my basic hummus recipe, which we eat most weeks-its so quick and tasty, I’m sure you’ll be hooked once you try it!!
- 1 can chickpeas (save the water from the can when you drain them and add as needed to loosen the hummus!)
- 1/2 small clove garlic (or add garlic oil)
- 3 Tbsp olive/rapeseed oil
- Juice of 1/2 -1 lemon (just put in as much as you like)
- 1 Tbsp Tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1 Tsp ground cumin (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor and blitz
- Taste the hummus and add extra lemon/garlic/cumin if needed (until you think its yummy!)
- Add some of the chickpea water if the hummus is too thick, start with about 4tbsp
Enjoy with veg sticks, warm pitta, falafel, cous cous, the list is endless….. it really is that easy!
**Remember to always get an adults permission before cooking and get them to help you with anything sharp or hot!!**