I LOVE this pasta dish, it’s so tasty and a real family favourite in our house. The sauce can be made in the time you need to cook the pasta! I always serve my pasta sauces with wholewheat pasta, it has a much better flavour and a lot more goodness in it!
- 100g Chorizo, diced
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 red chilli finely chopped
- 1 Tsp fennel seeds
- 2-3 sprigs of rosemary, leaves picked from stalks and chopped
- 2 Tbsp tomato puree
- 400g passata/ chopped tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- Add the chorizo into a pan and fry gently for a few minutes until the oil is released.
- Add the garlic, chilli, fennel seeds and rosemary to the pan and fry gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and stir in to the other ingredients. Let this cook for a minute, but be careful not to let it burn!
- Next, add the passata or tinned tomatoes, along with some salt and pepper and let the sauce simmer for 5 minutes or so to allow it to thicken.
- When you are ready to serve the sauce stir in your parsley then add to cooked pasta.
You could always add prawns or squid to this pasta dish if you fancied something a little fishy!
If you want a change, try spelt spaghetti, it goes really well with this sauce!
**Always get an adult’s permission before cooking and ask them to help with anything hot or sharp!!**