Baked apples are a lovely way to enjoy apples, you can add in different flavours into the mix to suit your taste.
- 4-6 Apples (depending on size)
- Handful of dried fruit (Sultanas, apricots, cranberries, dates etc), chopped
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp chopped nuts (Pecans work really well!)
- 1 Tbsp soft butter
- 1 Tbsp Maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Use an apple corer to remove the centre of the apple.
- Use a knife to score a thin line all the way around the middle of the apple. ( This will stop it bursting in the oven!).
- In a bowl, mix together the fruit, cinnamon and nuts.
- Place the apples into a baking dish.
- Use your finger to press the fruit & nut mixture into the middle of the apple.
- Put a small blob of butter on top of each apple and drizzle a little maple syrup on.
- Place in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the apple is soft, but not collapsed.
Serve these with natural yogurt, for a really yummy pud!!
** Remember to always get an adult’s permission before cooking, and get them to help with anything sharp or hot!!**